(Photo: © 2010 the foto fanatic)
Wealthy land-holder Patrick Mayne was an early owner (1856 - 1864) of this property on Wickham terrace opposite Enoggera Park. He may have even built the original house (really a duplex), but that is uncertain. What is certain is that the building was subsequently renovated and extended by one of Brisbane's most fondly remembered architects, Robin Dods, around the year 1912. Robin Dods' brother Espie was a doctor, and he bought the house in 1910 to use both as a residence and also as his surgery. He engaged brother Robin to adapt the building for this purpose.(Photo: © 2010 the foto fanatic)
Originally known as Callender House, an earlier resident was Rev Joseph Buckle, one of Brisbane's first Methodist ministers, who bought it in 1885 and sold it to Dr Dods in 1910. In 1925, the building was purchased by the Brisbane Theosophical Society, who still own it today. It is heritage listed.
Click here for a Google Map.
Next: Another Dods house