(Photo: © 1982 National Trust of Queensland)
Just up the road from Arthur Morry's house (see the last post) is a house that he may have designed for his then neighbour, grocer and timber merchant William Wilson. The house is called Wanda Walha, and it was built in 1886, and pictured above in 1914. Here is a 1996 picture of it.
(Photo: DSEWPaC & J Houldsworth; rt51103)
It's a shame that the large trees at the front of the house are getting larger, because they block most of the house from view. The verandah on the upper level has some lovely cast iron features, and the timber gable over the entrance downstairs is also attractive.
(Photo: © 2011 the foto fanatic)
Nonetheless, it is pleasing to have the building still here, however little one can see of it!
Click here for a Google Map.