Today's building is the old Pier Picture Theatre at Redcliffe, which stands next to Comino's Arcade from our last post. The following photograph shows both buildings around the year 1950.
Given its name because it is situated across the road from the Redcliffe Jetty, the Pier opened in 1917, replacing the earlier Redcliffe Picture Palace, an open-air theatre.
Fire destroyed the theatre and the home of the proprietor in March 1943 after a free movie evening for servicemen, and the place was rebuilt by December of that year. Here is a current photograph of the building. It is now a retail centre.
Click here for a Google Map.